- "We are your friends" says Israeli Prime Minister to Iranian people
- Indonesian President vows to do more for persecuted Christians
- Chinese President Xi Jinping steps up as global leader challenging US supremacy
- Trump and the future of NATO
- 100 000 Killed in Yemen conflict
- Pakistan Prime Minister defends religious minorities
- Trump to offer Putin sanction-nuclear deal
- Several thousand US troops arrive in Poland in show of strength against Russia
- US set for confrontation with China over South China Seas
- Swim Classes - the new front line for Muslim integration into Europe
- Christians remain the most persecuted group in the world
- Influential voice against Iranian hardliners dies
- China sends first freight train to London
- Islamic State claims deadly Istanbul nightclub attack
- 59 Killed in Baghdad as terrorists continue to target the city
Heroes of Faith
This page is dedicated to modern-day heroes of faith who daily choose between life and death, compromise and faithfulness.
Why do we need to honour these heroes?
Our obsession with today's "Christian celebrities" has robbed us of the wealth that is to be found in recognising and learning from believers who love Christ more than they love life. Their lives stand as a benchmark of self-denial and taking up one's cross in pursuit of Jesus, and witnessing their faith in practice inspires us to deepen our own personal commitments.
Below are the heroes of faith that we know of today - commit their names to memory and pray for them.
There are also countless others who experience persecution and costly faith as 'normal' Christianity - pray for them too.