- "We are your friends" says Israeli Prime Minister to Iranian people
- Indonesian President vows to do more for persecuted Christians
- Chinese President Xi Jinping steps up as global leader challenging US supremacy
- Trump and the future of NATO
- 100 000 Killed in Yemen conflict
- Pakistan Prime Minister defends religious minorities
- Trump to offer Putin sanction-nuclear deal
- Several thousand US troops arrive in Poland in show of strength against Russia
- US set for confrontation with China over South China Seas
- Swim Classes - the new front line for Muslim integration into Europe
- Christians remain the most persecuted group in the world
- Influential voice against Iranian hardliners dies
- China sends first freight train to London
- Islamic State claims deadly Istanbul nightclub attack
- 59 Killed in Baghdad as terrorists continue to target the city
HANGING OF IRAQI CHRISTIAN
A collage of photographs showing a man being publicly executed by the Islamic State (IS) for his Christian faith in Iraq, is a hoax. The graphic image shows a man being killed by hanging. Before his execution, he is shown smiling with a noose around his neck.
Caption to the pictures read "An Iraqi Christian had refused to convert to Islam, dying as a martyr with immense happiness and peace on his face. Pray for the repose of his soul.
Eternal rest, grant unto him O Lord: and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen"
Here are the FACTS:
The man in the photograph was hanged after being convicted of murdering Iranian Judge Hassan Moghaddas, BBC News reported at the time of the execution in 2007. The man, Majid Kavousifar, was killed along with his accomplice and nephew, Hossein Kavousifar, in front of a crowd of several hundred people in a Tehran square.
The execution was held on the same date and in the same place the duo slayed Moghaddas. The men were also killed in front of a large picture of the deceased judge.
After murdering Moghaddasi, Kavousifar escaped from Iran to United Arab Emirates and went to the United States embassy to apply for refugee but the embassy surrendered him to UAE police department and then they return him to Iran.
Hossein Kavousifar looked distressed as he awaited his execution, but his uncle gestured to him and smiled in an attempt to reassure him. Majid Kavousifar showed no remorse to Iranian police officers in his last words, telling them "I reached the point which I decided to eradicate any injustice."
(BBC) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6927434.stm (WIKIPEDIA) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majid_Kavousifar (CHRISTIAN POST) http://www.christianpost.com/news/hoax-christian-martyr-in-facebook-photo-actually-a-convicted-murderer-91509/